Want to know how to create a youtube channel? Well, this is the right time to do so. There are plenty of bloggers globally and some or most of them are pretty good.
Will it be a good idea to start a blog or will it be a good idea to start a vlog? What could be the pros and what could be the cons? In what was I’ll be benefitted and where I can suffer? What are the possibilities of me making money and if I do, how much will I make?
There are a lot of questions like that on your mind presently. In this article, I’ll try to cover most of your doubts as in what are the things you need to consider before creating your youtube channel and how you can do that.
Should I create a YouTube channel?
First, you need to be sure that yes you need to create a YouTube channel. But how are you supposed to do that? It’s not just creating a channel which will be sufficient. You should be able to create great quality content in the form of videos which the world is going to appreciate.
If you think that you are going to be committed to your work, you are passionate about creating videos And educating others with the knowledge that you possess and could be shared with the world, Then you should go ahead. If you know about yourself and you know that you are lazy and off for not being consistent then this is not a platform for you.
How to create a youtube channel
To get started with your YouTube channel I have created a list of easy steps which you need to follow:
- You need to go to www.youtube.com
- On the top right corner, you will find a sign in button. Click on it and sign in to your Google account.
- Now after that you are signing click on your profile icon on the top right corner.
- There are you will see a drop-down With multiple options. Click on your channel.
- Now YouTube is going to ask you for the first name and last name which will be the name of your channel that you are creating too. Fill in the name and click on create the channel.
Congratulations. If you have followed all the above steps correctly, you have successfully created your YouTube channel.
How to make money on youtube
Most of us have heard about people making a lot of money through YouTube. What have we ever wondered what exactly it is that those people do to make that huge amount of money?
In this section of the article let’s see how you can make money from YouTube by just uploading videos which will turn to be a stream of passive income for you in the future.
- Affiliate Marketing: I’m sure you have heard about affiliate marketing. If you haven’t well let me tell you Affiliate marketing is a form of selling or recommending products or services which belong to some other business to your fan base or visitors of your website.
On the basis of your recommendation, people may buy those products. After every successful purchase, you will get a small amount of commission out of it. If you make your YouTube channel a niche-based channel Then you can recommend the products within your industry through the medium of your videos.
When people will buy those products that you are recommending, you will be paid for every successful purchase. This is a way of making which most of the tech vloggers use while reviewing a newly launched product like phones and laptops.
- Sponsored Videos: In your journey of being a YouTuber, You May reach up to a level where you will have some good fan following and subscribers. At that point in time, many brands and bigger companies may approach you to make videos which are based on their products and services within the industry in which you are making the videos.
It could be also possible that you mention their brand name in your videos somewhere in a very natural manner with the intention of creating awareness about the brand and pushing out people to buy from them. In this scenario, the company people will pay you some amount of money in return for the video that you will make for them.
- Video Ads: How many hundred times we all have been irritated by the ad is coming up while we are browsing videos on YouTube? Yes, we all have experienced that. But the fun fact is the videos that we are watching Where the ads pop-up, The channels to which Those ads belong to get paid every time we watch a video. You can utilize the same medium to earn money.
All you need to do is to sign up for Google AdSense. Once your AdSense account is active and linked with your YouTube channel, Every time a person comes on to your video and watches an ad, you will get paid. This form of earning money through YouTube is used by most people.
Here you do not need to focus on the product that you are recommending or you do not need to promote the brand. All you need to do is create high-quality content. As long as people watch your videos you will keep getting paid.
- Business Promotions: Having a YouTube channel for businesses is a great idea to generate revenue. If businesses create a YouTube channel, They can create educational videos Related to the industry they are working into which can also impact their online reputation management.
Creating high-quality videos which gives some good information can have a good impact on their customer base. They can build a strong authority of their brand name. In fact, This is what all the businesses should do.
It’s better to educate your customer rather than pushing him towards making a purchase. When you educate your customer, He will eventually buy from you because you have been the source from which he got information about the next purchase is going to make.
Youtube monetization policy
In the above section where we discussed how we can make money through YouTube, The third point was to make money through Video Ads. But there is a small catch.
Not everybody can make money through YouTube ads because of their monetization policy. Let’s take a look at the YouTube monetization eligibility criteria below:
- Your Channel needs a minimum of 1000 subscribers.
- Also, your channel needs to have 4000 hours of video views in the past year.
Before I conclude this article I would like to give you a suggestion if at all you are planning to create a YouTube channel. Do not copy the content of others such as the popular video clips from other movies or music videos and then post it on your channel.
YouTube is coming up with more strict policies. Getting involved in such practices may harm your YouTube channel. YouTube may take away your monetization eligibility due to the presence of curated videos.
And also the person to whom the way to actually belongs to may sue you for using his content if he has the copyrights for that.
I hope this article helps you in understanding how to create a YouTube channel, How to make money on YouTube, And what is the eligibility to be able to monetize your channel.
If this article was of any help to you or you think may help others, Do share it. Also if you feel that I missed out something, I would appreciate if you could share that in the comment section below.