Do you own a business and want to have a website for business?
Well, then this is the right piece of information you should be looking at.
There might be quite a few or a lot of questions in your mind related to the same. You may be confused or having less knowledge.
You might be having questions like:
- Do I really need a website for my business?
- How will it benefit my business?
- How much will it cost?
Do not worry as today we will answer all such sort of questions. Hopefully, after reading this article you will be able to figure out many things you wondered about before.
Firstly let’s start with the main question;
Why do I Need a Website
So you may be seeing many of your family or business friends coming up with the website for their business. It really does sound cool having a dot com of your business name.
The real question is do you really need a website. So in order to understand that, we should first observe what sort of business do we have.
Our target audience and the geographical reach could be one of the factors. Say you own a business and your target audience is in some other part of the country or globally, then to say in touch and keep them updated with what happening with your business you may need a website.
If you are a service provider or someone who owns a business where you need to take orders. If you run a restaurant and have an option of home delivery. You may consider having a website of your own where your customers can come down and order.
If you are an artist, you may want to showcase your talent to the world and get recognition. For that matter, you may be creating a website for your business which will be more like a portfolio to showcase your talent.
So basically to understand if you really need a website for your business, ask a few questions to yourself and surely you will have your answer. You can ask yourself:
- Who are your customers?
- Will making a website for your business grow your reach?
- Will it make easy for the customers to contact you and order from you?
If you have clear answers to the questions above then you certainly have your first answer.
Coming down to the second question:
What are the Benefits of a Website for Small Business
So now if you know if you need a website or not for your business. If the answer is Yes, the next thing on your mind is I want a website for my business but how will I get benefitted?
There are many benefits that an online presence can bring to our business. We will discuss a few here:
- Promotion: You can promote your website which represents your business on the internet. Compared to the other previous means of advertising, trust me this one is way better. You can run ad campaigns in various search engines like google and bing to promote the products or services you offer.
- 24/7 Access: Having a website for a business means having a virtual shop that is available all the time. There are no time restrictions that may result in losing a customer. They can come anytime and browse through. If you are planning to build an E-commerce site then they can shop while you sleep. Good News Eh…!
- Global Reach: With a website for your business, your reach grows from a small office or a shop to a greater extent. You may target clients globally using suitable digital marketing campaigns and grow your business globally. There are no boundary lines until and unless you are not violating any laws of that particular country in which you are trying to penetrate. Read our article about what is digital marketing
- Better Impression: You know it right? You know having a website for the business will definitely leave a better impression on the mind of your clients. Nobody would like to stay outdated. Since everything is going digital, why not your business? People, either way, don’t like the outmoded businesses and want to try which suits there ease of access.
- More Sale: Since having a website for your business will open the gates to a greater customer base. A higher number of customers whom you can reach means higher chances of the sale. Though it doesn’t guarantee a higher sales ratio, definitely increases the chances. Focusing on the target audience is important so as to increase the chances of sale or conversion.
- Receive Feedback: Most of us as a customer does not like to criticize any product or service we use on the face of the seller. Having a website acts as a curtain between buyer and seller. Your customers may be open to sharing their opinions about the products or services they used when online. They may not tell it on the face. So here you get better and high-quality feedbacks which can help you correct what lacks from your business.
From the above two questions, you may be sure now that yes you need a website for business and it is gonna help your business to get better. Finally, the main question after setting up your mind to have one is:
How Much Does it Cost to Make a Website
So operating a website for business doesn’t need much money. There are some basic expenses which are mandatory. There are other expenses that are optional. Depending on your need and depth of pockets you can go ahead and build one.
First of all, you will need a Domain name which mostly should be your business name too. The domain name will represent your website address in the world of the internet. E.g www.amazon.com is the domain name for Amazon. Similarly, if my business name is JinConnect, I’ve named my website as www.jinconnect.com.
The cost of purchasing a Domain varies between 5-10 Dollars ( 400-700 INR). There will a yearly renewal which can be counted in the annual maintenance charges.
After Purchasing a Domain, you will need a hosting plan. Hosting is nothing but a virtual space where your website data is stored and can be accessed by others.
Various companies charge differently. Most of them offer yearly plans while some of them offer monthly plans too. Depending on your requirements, you can choose your hosting plan.
The cost may vary in between 25-200 Dollars (1800-15000 INR)
Hope this article was helpful in understanding the importance of a website for business. We would love to hear from you if there is something we missed out. Do share your views about the importance of a website for a business.